Looking for a little something different for breakfast? This recipe will hit that mark and more! With a small, simple list of ingredients it’s easy to prep and easy to finish – with minimal dishes. But the best part? It’s delicious, warm, gooey and will fill you up!
– 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed
– 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
– 1 banana, sliced
– 2 teaspoons chia seeds
– Sea salt
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
– Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
– Use a fork to poke several holes in the sweet potatoes, then place on prepared baking sheet and roast sweet potatoes for 45 minutes-1 hour or until fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
– Once ready to eat, split the warm sweet potatoes open with a knife and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt.
– Drizzle 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 1 teaspoon of chia along with banana slices and finally a sprinkle of cinnamon in each sweet potato.
– Serve immediately.
For more protein (and if you aren’t paleo/vegan): Add 1/2 cup of greek yogurt on top of the potatoes!
Thanks Ambitious Kitchen for this tasty recipe!