Have you seen those egg bites at Starbucks that are all the rage right now? They're delicious but take a special machine to make and while that's an option for some, I know I don't need another appliance stuffed into my pantry between my bread machine and crock pots. This recipe makes 48 egg bites and the possibilities of flavors are endless so it's a super versatile recipe to keep up your sleeve.
These are a great option to make on a Sunday and grab and go through the week. They don't have to be a breakfast food either - they make a great lunch, quick snack and even a dinner. I don't know anyone who doesn't love breakfast foods for dinner. Feels decadent, doesn't it?
- 8-10 large pasture-raised eggs
- ½ cup milk (unsweetened non-dairy, like almond or coconut, or goat, cow, etc)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ - 1 cup add-ins, like bacon, ham, sausage, cheese, greens, cooked onions, wilted greens, cooked chopped veggies, salsa, etc
- additional fresh herbs, as you'd like
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Spray or lightly grease 2 mini muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with butter, ghee, olive, avocado or coconut oil. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in any add-ins you are including.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and are just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately. Serve with any sauces or sour cream, garnish with fresh herbs.
Options for adding to your Mini Frittata Egg Bites:
- cooked meat: bacon, sausage, chicken, pork, etc
- deli meat: ham, salami, turkey, etc
- smoked salmon
- veggies: onion, garlic, peppers or chiles, greens, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, squash, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, artichokes
- cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese, feta, parmesan, etc – shredded, diced or crumbled
- shredded, cooked hash browns
- salsa, sour cream, creme fraiche
- fresh herbs: scallion, chives, basil, thyme, oregano, cilantro, parsley, etc
- etc, etc
Thanks, Tasty Yummies, for this great recipe!