Sometimes you just need a nice, simple recipe that will hit the hankering you’ve got, right? These stuffed pepper nachos cover the Mexican craving, the finger food craving and they’re so fast (and customizable) that they’re work well for a quick get together with friends. Depending on what you fill and top them with – they can be paleo, vegetarian or vegan. And they’re guaranteed to be amazingly delicious!
- small sweet peppers, halved
- filling of choice (carnitas, in this case)
- other toppings of choice (chopped avocado, cilantro, red onion, jalapeños and salsa verde, etc.)
- Fill the peppers with meat.
- Broil on high for about 5-6 minutes until the edges are just slightly browning and the carnitas are crisp on top. You don’t want to cook them too long or they will be too soft and difficult to eat with your hands.
- Top with your favorite toppings and eat.
Recipe thanks to Worthy Pause.