Sticking with our love of one bowl meals, we bring you this delicious beef bowl – Mexican beef, cauliflower rice with plenty of flavor to tickle those taste buds AND the option to easily add your own spin with different toppings! Tomatoes, corn, black beans, diced cucumber, pepitas and sunflower seeds are just a few that come to my mind! If you’ve got kids – putting together a fun toppings bar with this meal would be a great way to encourage them to explore new foods and tastes, make healthy choices and have some fun and independence with dinner. Heck, don’t we all love a good toppings bar?!
- 3 Medium hass avocados
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Packed 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 Bags of Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower rice (can substitute fresh riced cauliflower)
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1/4 Cup water
- Prepare the guacamole: Remove the pit from the avocado, and separate the flesh from the skin. Transfer the flesh to a bowl and mash lightly with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and stir to combine. Not too much! You want the guacamole to be chunky.
- Make the rice: Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the avocado oil and rice to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes, then cover the pan with a lid. (If you are using fresh riced cauliflower, you will need to add ½ cup of water or broth to the pan before you cover it.) Let the rice continue to cook until the liquid is evaporated, about 5-8 minute. Remove the lid, stir in the lime juice and transfer the cooked rice to a bowl.
- Make the beef: Place the pan back on the stove, heat over medium heat and add the ground beef. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Brown the beef until almost cooked through, then stir in the Mexican seasoning and water. Finish cooking until browned, about 1-2 more minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare the bowls: Top the cauliflower rice with ground beef, guacamole, fresh lime juice and any other of your favorite taco toppings!
Thank you, Easy GF Recipes, for this tasty dish!