Looking for a healthy, fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with meals full of rainbow eye-candy goodness? Here's 2 healthy recipes to fuel you through your holiday - lucky you! Happy eating!
Southwest Quinoa Salad (final product featured above)
1 c. uncooked quinoa (3 cups cooked)
1 c. chopped tomatoes
1 c. chopped bell peppers
1 c. charred corn
½ c. black beans, drained
½ c. chopped red onion
1 avocado, chopped
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
½ c. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, prepare veggies.
- Combine quinoa and veggies in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare dressing by combining ingredients and shaking until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and veggies and stir to combine.
- Spoon into serving bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Thanks to Lemon Tree Dwelling for the above delicious recipe!
Raw Vegan Noodles Sala
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon miso paste
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 zucchini, spiralized
2 carrots, spiralized
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
½ a yellow pepper, thinly sliced
¼ of a purple cabbage, shredded
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ a red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 packed cup (about 10 grams) of mint, larger leaves torn
- In a small bowl or jar combine the garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, miso paste and sriracha and mix well.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl, you may want to cut up the spiralized vegetables so that they’re not so long. Drizzle over the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Thanks to The Stingy Vegan for this awesome noodle recipe!