Sometimes life gets busy, schedules get filled and eating healthy gets hard(er). That’s where planning ahead works in your favor. Personally, I love warm lunches. Regardless of the season I like them. This gets extra challenging if you’re on the run, in the car or anywhere else where you don’t have access to warm up your lunch. So when I run across a dish that looks amazing, is a healthy balanced meal and doesn’t have to be warmed up, I get pretty excited to find something new that might cure me of my warm lunch hangup and it immediately goes onto my meal plan for the week. This salad is quickly thrown together, served cold and easy to grab and go for lunches on those busy days. You can use some of the chicken you prepped and cooked in bulk over the weekend too which is great if you like variety in your weekly meals but are limited on time to cook proteins.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted & unsalted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients listed in the order above and mix with spatula until well combined.
- Serve cold with quinoa or in a healthy sandwich with sprouted whole wheat bread.
Thanks to iFOODreal for this recipe!