Packed with roasted veggies, leafy greens and some healthy fats, you really can’t go wrong with this bowl of goodness. Pairing some of our favorites (hello, avocado and almonds! We’re talking to you!) with some stuff that isn’t a common ingredient (our apologies, beets!) this vegetarian dish makes a great main dish or side to compliment any meal. It’ll fill you up and pack you with veggies – how can you go wrong?! In fact, the recipe creator calls it a Nourish Bowl. Double bonus, on a hot southern summer day, this meal just LOOKS like a cool, crisp fall day.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- a few slices of beets
- 1/4 fresh purple cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups spinach, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon pepita (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 lime
– Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cauliflower florets and zucchini slices in a single layer. If you like to roast your beets, add those as well. Drizzle with coconut oil, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes (longer if you like them extra roasted and crispy).
– While the veggies are roasted, prepare the remaining ingredients. Add the spinach and top with avocado, cabbage, blackberries, and green onions. Sprinkle with pepita, almonds, and sesame seeds.
– Once the roasted vegetables are done roasting, add them to the bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and adjust salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Thank you, Real and Vibrant, for this delicious and gorgeous recipe!